Thursday, September 30, 2010

Yay! I'm A Healthy Boy! But...

So my mom just randomly all of a sudden told me I had a doctor's appointment today... Surprise! Haha I was not aware that anything was wrong with me. She (being the fantastic mother that she is) was just looking out for me, making sure that as I enter my "allergy season", I would be well equipped with whatever medicine I needed. She wanted me to make sure I had asked all the questions and whatever I needed to make sure I was gonna stay alive.

When the doctor came in (after that awkward waiting time where you just sit there and wait) he looked at my name and read my last name and told me he was quite familiar with it. I told him it was probably because my mom, sister, and dad have made more hospital visits combined than I have in the past 3 years. I told him about my allergy symptoms, he gave me the prescription, I asked him a couple things, boom. Done. See ya in ten years. So what are ya sayin Josh?

Pretty much I am very thankful and blessed to be as healthy as I am. In the past 3-4 years, it has seemed that I only get "sick" about 2-3 times a year, if that. And by sick I mean I get the 'sniffles' or the 'cough cough' for about all of 2 days and then I'm all better! Yay! My white blood cells are pretty much just bomb. They just dominate anything that tries to make me sick. BOOM.

Although everyday I constantly continue to pray for my mom who is not always in the best of health... For so long she has been battling a sickness that multiple doctors in multiple states, and multiple hospital and emergency room visits... multiple painful shots and surgeries... and multiple nights where I come home and my mother is in bed...

Almost every day people would ask me, "how's your mom doing?" 7 out of 10 times I would answer "she's doin ok!" and 9 out of 10 of those times I answer with that, I don't fully know what is really going on with her... With her being sick as much and as badly as she has, I probably have driven myself farther apart because of my lack of ability to handle it.

At times I might get frustrated with my mom (or at her sickness) or whatever, but deep down I still love her and I pray that she will one day be super healthy and all better. No more sick mom on the bed... No more worries about medical bills... One happy family. She's fought hard so far and she hasn't given up... And even though sometimes I want to give up the fight, I can't. She's my mom and I will see her through.

I was just going to write about how I went to the doctor's and that I'm thankful for being healthy... Ended up writing about my mom... Made me realize how I need to step it up and not just try to run away from her sickness. But face it, and especially face it with her and the family... I need to stop trying to distract myself with everything else in the world, but rather face the matters that are most important. And that starts with building and fortifying the relationship I have with my family.

Forever and ever my mom's key verse for every thing in life

For nothing is impossible with God."
Luke 1:37

Love you mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment